Sunday, April 24, 2011

Whoa, Baby!

Sorry for the delay...we have been busy, but I've also just been a little slack.  No new news to report, still holding steady at 1 centimeter and 50% effaced (this makes 3 weeks in a row).  I go back to the doctor on Wednesday and we'll see the status then.  Brent and I have the hospital bag (mostly) packed  and we're going to get the car seat base in the car this week.  I'm still planning to work for at least two more weeks, but it all depends on what Miss Maggie decides.


Updates on other things:
  • We're still having weekly steak nights (we had turkey breasts one night - I thought it was pork when I bought it, and Brent agreed to eat it instead of steak, but he was forgiving once I realized my mistake).
  • Brent also permitted his Easter basket to suffice for the weekly dessert this week (you read correctly...an almost 30 year old man did receive an Easter basket this morning filled with Cadbury eggs, peanut butter cups, a chocolate bunny, etc).
  • And, it is with great shame that I confess to most recent childish play.  Brent and I have spent the past week playing with the video baby monitor system.  I will admit we have spied on each other and the dog - we're having way too  much fun with the baby monitor.  
I think that is just about it.  Hope all is well in everyone's world and we'll be in touch.

I'm including pictures from the past two weeks just so you can see how much bigger Maggie has gotten within a week's time.  She is supposedly about 19 - 20 inches long and between 6 and 6 and a half pounds by now.  And, yes, the belly button has popped (weeks ago). 

Week 36

Week 37