Monday, March 28, 2011

Settlement and Other News

Settlement
You would not believe the bribery and pleading that has been going on in this house as the mustache start date has approached. It really got bad this weekend as I didn't shave and had a visible threat. But, after weeks of grueling negotiations, Kelly and I have finally come to a settlement. In exchange for a clean shaven husband (that means no mustache), I shall receive the following no less than once per week until Maggie arrives:

  • Steak dinner with choice of side
  • 3 back scratches (3 per week)
  • Choice of dessert dish to be prepared on Sunday afternoons
In addition to the weekly items, I will also receive two "Bonus Bucks" to use at my discretion. They may be redeemed for any item or task of my choosing. I can't decide what to use them for!

This settlement is effective immediately through Maggie's first birthday. Once Maggie turns 1, I will either be growing the mustache or reentering negotiations. 

Other News
In other news, we pretty much have the nursery finished. Kelly's parents came down on Saturday for a work day and we got a lot of items crossed off the list. I will be posting a video tour of the nursery in the next couple of weeks...not because I think you all are dying to see it...but mainly as an opportunity for me to learn how to upload videos.

We also bought a car last week. The Oldsmobile is gone and has been replaced by a CRV. Kelly is ecstatic and is loving the ability to "whip that Honda around town". She is also ready for anyone willing to challenge the storage capacity of the car - something she enjoyed when people doubted an item would fit in the Civic.

I am sure I have forgotten to report something, but there will be a belly update next week and we will make sure to mention it then.